Temporary Terms & Conditions
To download a copy of our Temporary Terms & Conditions please click the link below
- The Risk Assessment Measures, PSC COVID-19 Agreement and advice given on the signs around the building must be followed at all times on the premises and it will be the Organiser’s responsibility to ensure they are followed.
- It is your responsibility to check the most up-to-date version of the Risk Assessment available on the Priory Street Centre Website periodically in the days leading up to your event to ensure you are aware of any changes that have been made.
- The Priory Street Centre will not be held liable for any fines incurred for failure to follow the Risk Assessment Measures and Government Guidance relevant to your event.
All bookings are at the discretion of York CVS.
- If you are booking a room you are required to provide us with accurate details which include a contact telephone number, email address, purchase order number and a postal address where your receipt or invoice can be sent. The hirer must also advise us of the number of participants, the purpose of the event and full title. Please inform us who is the organiser of the event and who is in charge on the day, e.g. a relevant trainer
- If you are a charity or voluntary organisation please quote your charity number in order to qualify for the appropriate discount.
- Hirers must email confirmation of their requirements to email@example.com within 48 hours of enquiry as we treat each booking as a provisional booking until we receive information from you in writing.
- We will respond and confirm your booking via email and we will follow up a week before your event to double check your needs and requirements. It is the hirer’s responsibility to provide correct information, check our communications and inform us of any alterations or mistakes as soon as possible.
- We can hold a room provisionally for you for up to 48 hours. After this period we will actively market this room and seek to fill it.
Provisional bookings will be held until another enquiry is made for the same booking. At this point we will give you 24 hours to confirm or release the booking. If we are unable get hold of you, your provisional booking will be released.
- The Priory Street Centre reserves the right to change the allocated room, either with or without the knowledge of the client. Should this be necessary we will ensure that your requirements are still met and we will make every endeavour to contact you and advise you of the change prior to your event or meeting.
We have morning, half day, all day and evening rates. Should you over run or use our rooms without prior agreement we will charge for the additional use by an hourly rate. Timings are defined as follows:
- Morning 06:00 to 08:00
- Half day 08:30 to 12:30 or 13:00 to 17:00
- All day 09:00 to 17:00
- Evening 18:00 to 22:00
If you are a new client or making a booking over the value of £200, a 50% deposit is required in advance, which is payable on confirmation of your booking.
You may pay before or immediately after your event, but we encourage payment at the point of booking. We accept payment by cash, credit and debit cards, and cheques. BACs transfers can be arranged. Payment can be made at reception in person or over the phone. Please note these payment facilities may not be available at all times at the moment and you if you wish to pay this way you should enquire in advance about availability.
If you require a written invoice be sent, then it is essential at the time of booking you provide us with clear information on where and to who this should be addressed. Our final invoice is subject to VAT and is payable within 30 days of the event taking place.
Cancellations must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you have to cancel or postpone your event we will make reasonable effort to resell the facilities on your behalf. We reserve the right to charge the following cancellation charges where the booking cannot be resold:
- 15 days before the event = No Charge
- 14 to 8 days = 50% Charge
- 7 days or less = 100% Charge
Where relevant COVID-19 Government advice or laws are introduced which prevent the booking from going ahead, exceptions to the above will be made and there will be no charge.
Food and Drink
We do not allow outside food or catering to be consumed on our premises. Delegates are very welcome to purchase food and refreshments from us, provided at least 4 working days’ notice is given. Special arrangements can be made by contacting the Bookings Team.
Our team of conference and events assistants will bring your refreshments and lunch directly to your room.
For information about food intolerance and allergens, please speak to our staff about the ingredients in your meal before making an order.
Parking is not guaranteed onsite however customers do have access to our pay and display car park. We have 10 parking bays available on a first come first served basis. The pay and display car park is open every day, Monday to Sunday from 8am to midnight. The current daily charge is £7 although shorter stays are available. See www.priorystreetcentre.org.uk/access/parking/ for full details.
On the Day
York CVS staff will endeavour to set up the room to the specification of the hirer. However, this may not be possible for evening and weekend bookings, and hirers should allow for sufficient set-up time when making a booking. If no set-up instructions are received from the hirer then rooms will not be set up.
In House Equipment
We will do our very best to assist with technical set-up; however we cannot accept responsibility for any technical issues unrelated to our audio-visual and presentation equipment on the day.
- For your information, our projector systems connect via HDMI and VGA cables. If you wish to hire and use our in-house digital projectors, you should ensure that your equipment is correctly set up to accept an external display via HDMI or VGA. While we have a limited range of adapters available for you to use, we cannot accept responsibility for incompatible equipment.
- We strongly recommend early attendance of the presenter or leader to ensure that your laptop (or any other presentation equipment) will work.
- If you hire our projector and laptop we will endeavour to have this set up for you on your arrival and you are welcome to email us your PowerPoint presentation in advance
Morning, Evening and Weekend Bookings
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to collect keys for their booked room, in advance. Collection can be made by coming to York CVS reception during office hours which are 08:30 – 17:00 (Monday to Friday) and a £20.00 cash deposit will be taken, which will be refunded upon safe return of the key.
- Keys must be returned promptly to CVS reception (15 Priory Street) at the end of the hire period and placed through the CVS letterbox, which is located on the door to the left of the main entrance.
- It is important that all new clients using our Centre during the morning, evenings and weekends complete an induction in order to become familiar with our Centre. The Bookings Team would be delighted to show you around and complete this induction with you.
- Persons using the Centre must ensure that the building is adequately secured and that the lights are turned off before leaving.
- York CVS cannot be held responsible for any loss, damage or theft of property and effects of persons using the Centre.
- There is a charge of £50.00 if the key is lost as this could represent a security risk to The Centre.
No equipment or materials may be stored on the premises prior to or after the hire period without prior agreement with the Bookings Team
- The Priory Street Centre will not be liable for any failure in providing facilities, food, beverages or services as a result of events outside its control. The Priory Street Centre accepts no liability for the loss or damage to the clients’ or their delegates’ personal possessions
- Hirers consent to the contact details above being held on the CVS’ customer database
- Hirers agree to indemnify the Trustees of York Centre for Voluntary Service in the event of any loss or damage to York CVS premises or contents in the event of any claim for damages being made for bodily injury or damage to property arising out of my/our use of the premises.
- The kitchen area and boiler is an exclusive benefit to those hiring the Main Hall and not to be used by others apart from PSC employees preparing services (Weekdays only).
All evening and weekend bookings can use the kitchens boiler and sink only, bookings made in the Main Hall can use the kitchen as a breakout area.
The Priority Street Centre cannot guarantee any equipment unless confirmed when making the booking.
- The hirer or person in charge must be over 18 and shall be on the premises for the entire period of hire or duration of activity. The person in charge should not be engaged in any activity that prevents them from exercising effective supervision. When the premises or any part of them are used for the purpose of public entertainment, there shall be a minimum of two persons, neither of them less than 18 years of age, on duty.
- All persons in charge or on duty shall have been informed of the procedure for evacuation of the premises and shall be familiar with the firefighting equipment available.
- The hirer or person in charge must keep an adequate record of those in attendance and be able to account for all their participants in the event of an evacuation.
No intoxicating liquors are permitted to be bought or sold on any part of the premises without the express permission of The Priory Street Centre Management, whose consent must be obtained prior to seeking any Occasional Licence or Permission for the sale of alcoholic liquor.
Betting, Gaming and Lotteries
Nothing shall be done in relation to the premises in contravention to the law relating to betting, gaming and lotteries, and the persons responsible for functions held in the Centre shall ensure that the requirements of the relevant legislation are strictly observed.
Recorded Music Licence
It is the responsibility of any independent user group which uses recorded music in its activities to check if it requires a licence from Phonographic Performances Ltd. (PPL) and if so, obtain one.
Please look after your room and leave the Centre as you found it.
- Litter shall not be left in or about the Centre premises
- Leaflets, publicity and posters should not be left in the conference centre and do not fly post or display information on our signage/walls and railings both internally and externally, anything left will be discarded of.
- Except in the case of trained guide-dogs or other working animals used to assist disabled people, animals shall only be permitted on the premises by permission of York CVS.
- We ask that blue or white tack is not used on any walls other than designated blue tack walls which are labelled.
Hirers and organisers of events are responsible for ensuring that the noise level of their functions is not such as to interfere with other activities within the building nor to cause inconvenience for the occupiers of nearby houses and property. The permitted hours that the premises may be used for entertainment are 09:00 – 23.30.
Out of Hours
The out of hours mobile number is provided for emergency use only and we reserve the right to charge a £50.00 call out fee in the event that you are deemed responsible for a key holder having to attend the building. If you call the number then we will endeavour to sort out minor problems over the phone, however, please remember that staff are being called outside their normal working hours and do not provide a general customer service line.
THE PRIORY STREET CENTRE IS A NON SMOKING VENUE